Best Spanish Courses
Updated 14 December 2015
Best Spanish Courses (Download or CD)
by Gordon McConnell for Study Spanish Language
See also Top 5 Spanish Courses
Below is a side-by-side comparison of three of the most popular Spanish courses available online. All these Spanish courses are available for immediate download or on CD, and most cost $99 or less.
Over the last few years my wife Kim and I have tested more than 20 Spanish courses with our students. Below is a tabular form summary of the three Spanish courses our students like best, with three of these in the under $100 category. Of these courses, Learning Spanish Like Crazy 2 consistently receives the best feedback (probably because it is the most fun course of the bunch). Synergy Spanish is the simplest course and offers the most direct route to achieving basic Spanish communication in the shortest possible time.
- Suitable for new beginners right up to intermediate learners. Lots of course material. Full review
- Beginner to intermediate
- Rocket Spanish is a comprehensive language course that includes interactive audio lessons, grammar lessons, hundreds of exercises, and MegaSpanish learning software. Over the years it has earned a positive reputation as a fun and effective course. Full review
- • 31 audio lessons of conversational Spanish, each 15 to 25 minutes long, plus transcripts • 210 pages of illustrated grammar lessons with over 400 exercises and 180 minutes of audio tracks • 160 pages of advanced grammar lessons • MegaVocab software game with over 1000 words and 20 topics • MegaAudio software game with over 1000 audio tracks • Learning guide
- Lots of course material, well-presented, includes access to online forum. It’s a long course and not all of our students seem to complete it.
- Support via email
- Instant download with option to order CDs
- Guarantee: 6 months
- Free Trial? No
How To Get By In Spanish With Just 138 Words
- Good choice if your goal is to speak basic Spanish in the shortest possible time. Full review
- Synergy Spanish is a unique course that works off the principle that you can learn 138 basic words then use those words to form 88,000 phrases and sentences. Students work through 68 structured audio lessons with the aid of a guidebook. Full review
- • 68 audio lessons, each about 10 minutes long • Step by step action guide
- Easy, structured system for people who want to learn basic conversational Spanish. No software component. Not suitable for intermediate or advanced students.
- 90-day email support
- Instant download with option to order 14 CD pack
- Guarantee: 56 days
- Free “test drive”
More Information See also Top 5 Spanish Courses: Review of Popular Spanish Courses (Download or CD)